Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thursday - heading out

Somehow in the shuffle, I seem to have lost my sense of humor.



I've been planning a trip to London for a few months now. A week ago I was considering cancelling so that I could stay here and keep covering the situation in Kenya. Now, I'm ready for a break.



I leave on Friday, but will continue to post. I have some longer features I'm working on and have arranged to get news from some friends around the country. I have also asked some Kenyans to write for you.



In the meantime, the BBC is collecting first-person accounts of the protests. You can also get news from other bloggers in Kenya.



Some members of the blogging community here have set up a site for reporting violence in Kenya.



It's hard to leave right now, knowing that there are hundreds of thousands of people here who do not have the means to escape the conflict.



It will be interesting to see what a few days and many miles of perspective will bring. I'll keep you posted.



1 comment:

  1. Stay safe on the way out. Thanks so much for keeping us informed from your perspective.

    ReplyDelete