Sunday, August 19, 2007

Airport sentiments

Touchdown_3_for_web



Touchdown_2_for_web_2Touchdown_1_for_web_copy



Standing in lines in the Dubai airport, I listened to Small Explosions That Are Yours To Keep and Henry Miller reading Black Spring. Waiting at the Emirates counter for yet another A irbus extravaganza, I was struck by this fitting Miller quote...





If I was unhappy in America, if I craved more room, more adventure, more freedom of expression, it was because I needed those things. I am grateful to America for having made me realize my needs. I served my sentence there. At present, I have no needs. I am a [wo]man without a past and without a future. I am. That is all.



OK. That's enough about my internal life. If you want more, you can ask for access to the uber-secret blog. If not, stick to this. You'll get more than enough travel titillation here.



No comments:

Post a Comment