Sunday, July 22, 2007

Buying Time

I am hereby selling off some of my time in Kenya. For just $50 ($100 on holidays, my birthday and my stop-over in Dubai), you can buy yourself half an hour in East Africa, via my eyes and pen.



What you get: A great letter, with lots of descriptive language and awkward sketches (They make great birthday presents! Christmas gifts! Valentines!)



What I get: A chance to write to you and an emergency fund. I am also willing to consider adding additional dates, if you�d like me to write you a letter on your birthday, anniversary, commencement, saint day or other significant date! Here are the dates (premium days in parentheses):



August 16 - evening (in Dubai)



August 19 - evening



August 23 - early morning



August 25 - morning



August 30 - evening Josephine



August 31 - early morning Fay



September 3 (labor day) - early morning



September 8 - afternoon



September 9 - evening



September 15 (Ganesh Chaturathi)- early morning Fay



September 17 - evening



September 23 (autumn equinox) - Noon  Josephine



September 30 - morning



October 8 (Canadian thanksgiving) - early morning



October 11 - evening -Richard S.



October 20 (Kenyatta Day, Kenya) - morning Josephine



October 31 - early morning Nikki K.



October 31 - evening Fay



November 2 - early morning



November 11 (Remembrance Day/Veterans� Day) - morning



November 11 (Remembrance Day/Veterans� Day) - afternoon



November 12 - early morning - Djahane Banoo S.



November 13 - evening November 22 (US Thanksgiving) - early morning  Josephine



November 30 -early morning Fay



December 2 - afternoon



December 5 (first day of Chanukah) - evening Fay



December 14 - early morning



December 16 - afternoon



December 25 (Christmas) - early morning Josephine



December 25 (Christmas) - morning



January 1 - (New Year�s) afternoon Fay



January 10 - evening - Rich T.



January 19 - afternoon Josephine



January 19 - morning



February 2 - afternoon Josephine



February 14 (Valentine�s Day) - early morning



February 14 (Valentine�s Day) - evening Fay



March 6 (my 30 birthday) - early morning Josephine



March 16 - evening Fay



March 27 - morning



If you decide to buy some time, send me an e-mail at sara_nics@yahoo.ca with your snail-mail address. I'll send you a guarantee and an address to which to send a check.



I promise to write your letter (complete with awkward sketches).



I can�t promise the efficiency of international postal systems. If you don�t get your letter within six weeks of the date of composition, let me know and I�ll write you a new one! Whether you buy time or not, please please please send me mail at



Sara Nics c/o African Woman and Child Feature Service



P.O.Box 48197 00100



Nairobi , Kenya



Also, if you�re in the �hood this weekend, my roomate Elena and I are having a joint going away party on Saturday night (the 28th). Stop by!



No comments:

Post a Comment